Bachelor of Business Administration – B.B.A. Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business) – B.B.A. (I.B.)
About the Department
The department of Management was established in the year 2007 to introduce the learning community to management education at the under graduate level. The department runs two degree programmes, permanently affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) – Estd. Year- 2007
- Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business) – Estd. Year – 2016
The program structure of B.B.A. is basically designed to create the right understanding and awareness regarding various business systems. This course will cultivate desired business acumen amongst the students. This program is designed with specific objectives of developing skills, aptitude and awareness amongst the students as to the prevailing business system that governs various types of business organizations. The program will develop entrepreneurial attitude and ability to think independently and take rational and appropriate decisions at various levels of management. It also aims to develop a professional and managerial attitude and to develop managerial leadership amongst the youth.
‘To provide quality management education at an undergraduate level making it joyful experience to learners thereby making them ready for the dynamic business world’
‘To provide in-depth knowledge of business management and allied fields by exposing the students to industrial practices and equipping them to cope with changing national and international business environment’.
Programme Objectives B.B.A.
B.B.A.is a professional program inculcating managerial and entrepreneurial attitude amongst the learners and helps them to become a successful business leader. It is basically a leadership development program for enhancing leadership abilities, cultivating rational business vision.
- To develop right understanding about the business environment and different types of organizations
- To develop leadership aptitude to work independently and in the organized group.
- To cultivate desired qualities of as effective a manger capable of taking decisions and communicating effectively with different types of publics
- To develop a right understanding regarding various financial institutions and agencies governing aspects of business the business.
Programme Objectives B.B.A. (I.B.)
Business education plays a great role in improving understanding and knowledge about concepts, functions and implications of international trade. Considering this, a specialized program in international business has a great utility and relevance.
This program shall provide right understanding about scope, mode of functioning and process of decision making in the international scenarios. It shall also help to acquire necessary skills and insights to analyze various international events and business decisions. This program aims at giving right understanding about the scope and coverage of various business activities and how the process of international business influences domestic economy. This program shall be a first step to develop and prepare competent commerce graduates who can work as business managers, entrepreneurs and even consultants to various domestic and international firms.
The principal objectives of the program are as follows;
- To provide a right understanding about the present scenario of and international trade and relationship of domestic trade with international trade
- To explain modalities, functions and activities related with various aspects of international trade
- To provide knowledge and understanding as to how business decisions are taken while conducting international trade transactions
- To give knowledge about institutional and regulatory framework governing international trade
- To inculcate skills useful to analyze various international business situations
- Lecture method with extensive use of ICT
- Google Classroom for assignment, notes and reading material
- Computer assisted learning
- Guidance from Industry experts through guest lectures
- Fun learning through Management Games
- Flipped classroom for empowered learning
- Field based learning(Industrial Visits)
- Continuous periodic evaluation
- Case study method
- Interactive Presentation Sessions
- Student driven research activities
Use of ICT Tools
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Laboratory Sessions
- Google Classrooms
T.Y.B.B.A. I.B.: https://classroom.google.com/c/NDgxOTMwNjg5MzFa
S.Y.B.B.A. I.B.: https://classroom.google.com/c/NDgxOTMwNjg2MzBa
F.Y.B.B.A. I.B.: https://classroom.google.com/c/NDgxOTMwNjgyNTNa
The college has collaborated with Business Ethics Foundation, Pune for conduction of Add On Courses and Business ethics related activities.