Bachelor of Business Administration (Computer Application) - B.B.A. (C.A)
The department of B.B.A. (CA) was established in the academic year 2007-08. There is one division each of FYB.B.A. (CA), S.Y.B.B.A. (CA) and T.Y.B.B.A.(CA) with intake capacity of 80 students. The courses are affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University. B.B.A. (CA) is a full time degree course of three years and six semesters. Every semester includes six subjects from Computer Science, Management and Accounts. Each semester includes one practical course as well as two semesters include a compulsory project work.
The department aims to provide the latest knowledge to the students & make them technically skilled. Department has well equipped spacious laboratories with internet facility. It has experienced qualified & dedicated faculties to cater the needs of students.
The Department Organizes Guest Lectures, Industrial Visits, Alumni interactions, Seminars, Workshops, Competitions etc. Every year Department conducts Competitions like C Programming, Website Designing, Poster Presentation, Power Point Presentation, Project competition etc.
Explore the different horizon in the field of Commerce, Management, computer science Applications.
To develop resource for advanced career in Computer Application, provide sound academic base with practical business applications
The objectives of the Programme are to provide sound academic base from which an advanced career in Computer Application can be developed.
- To provide conceptual grounding in computer usage as well as its practical business application.
- To produce skill oriented human resource.
- To import practical skills among students.
- To make industry ready resource.
- To bring the spirit of entrepreneurship
- Practical sessions are part of syllabus of B.B.A.(CA).
- During practical, teacher in-charge explains the assignment and related concepts using white board if required or by demonstrating practical on the software or LCD Projector. Students get hands on experience.
The following teaching methods are adopted to improve student learning –
- Lecture method,
- Discussion method
- Flipped Classroom Teaching
- Design thinking (Case method)
- Self-learning (thru industrial visit)
- Assignment method to increase the learning capabilities and practical skills of students.
Examinations are conducted as per the university guidelines. Assignments and Class tests are conducted at department level.
- ICT in Teaching College provides well equipped computer lab, LCD projectors for ICT enabled teaching. Teachers use various ICT tools such as PPT’s, Video lectures etc. Teaching aids like Google classrooms, SWAYAM are used in teaching.
Google Classroom Link
Quick Heal Foundation, Quick Heal Technologies Ltd.
The College collaborated with Quick Heal Foundation for conducting Cyber Safety Awareness in schools and colleges. Following activities were conducted under the collaboration:
- Two faculty members participated in Faculty connect program on 14th and 15th June, 2017 organized by Quick Heal Foundation and Department of Computer Science, Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Arts, Commerce & Science College, Pimpri, Pune.
- One day seminar on “Cyber Safety Awareness” was conducted by Anil Daphal, PSI , Cyber Security Cell, Pune, and Ms. Sugandha Dani, Executive-CSR, Quick Heal foundation on 13 August 2019 in association with Quick Heal Foundation. The main purpose of the seminar was to make students aware about various cyber crimes and ways to combat cyber crimes.
- 6 students were selected for Cyber Security awareness programme. These students created awareness among 4000 students from different schools and colleges nearby as well as at Kasaramboli. Before presentations they were trained by Mr. Mahesh Bardi, Triner, Quick Heal foundation.
- An amount of Rs.24000 was sanctioned by Quick Heal Foundation for Cyber Security Awareness under “Earn and Learn” Scheme. This amount has been distributed among the students involved.
The department has been organizing visits to industries in and around Pune. Every year students visits one company. Students study and understand working of the company. The students have visited the following industries over the years;
|KSB Pumps Ltd.||Chinchwad, pune.|
|KSH International Pvt.Ltd||Chakan, Pune.|
|Bharat Electronics Limited.||NDA Road, Pashan, Pune.|
|Veekey Pertochemicals India Pvt.Ltd.||Pirangut|
|Purple Creations, Piaggio Vespa Plant||Baramati|
|Sandwik Asia Pvt.Ltd.||Dapodi, Dist- Pune.|
|Accenture Solutions Pvt. Ltd.||Magarpatta, Pune|
|Tata Green Batteries.||Ranjangaon, Pune.|
|Persistent System Ltd.||N/A|
Add on Courses
To enhance the academic profile of students Department conducts various value added course for bridging the gap between industry and academia.